There’s a whole lot of bling on the line at UFC 262, and not just from the lightweight championship belt.
Charles Oliveira (30-8-1, eight KOs) and Michael Chandler (22-5, 10 KOs) will vie for a significant payday and supremacy in the lightweight division as its Nos. 3- and 4-ranked fighters, respectively. That’s especially impressive for Chandler, who is fighting under the UFC flag for just the second time after moving on from Bellator. He is on a current three-win streak, all via knockout, heading into his bout vs. Oliveira.
Oliveira, meanwhile, is on an eight-fight win streak, mixing in wins via submission, KO and decision into the mix. Will he prove his superiority over the relative UFC newcomer, or will Chandler put his stamp as the best lightweight in the world in just his second UFC fight?
With that, here’s everything you need to know about the money they stand to make at UFC 262.
UFC 262 purse, prize money
The official UFC 262 purse won’t be revealed until after the fight has concluded, but the headliners’ previous bouts in the Octagon could provide some indication of what they’re expected to make.
Michael Chandler made a reported $530,000 from UFC 257, which included his Performance of the Night, win and sponsorship bonuses. He made $350,000 in show money. Oliveira made a reported $250,000 from UFC 256: $115,000 to show, $115,000 as a win bonus and $20,000 in fight week incentive pay.
Considering that each fighter made those figures without headlining their respective events, it stands to reason that each will look to make at least $500,000 from UFC 262.
What is Charles Oliveira’s net worth?
What is Michael Chandler’s net worth?
Chandler has a net worth of $2 million, according to a 2020 estimate from wealthygenius.com.
UFC 262 card
- Charles Oliveira vs. Michael Chandler (lightweight championship)
- Tony Ferguson vs. Beneil Dariush (lightweight)
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Viviane Araujo (women’s flyweight)
- Shane Burgos vs. Edson Barboza (featherweight)
- Matt Schnell vs. Rogerio Bontorin (bantamweight)
- Jacare Souza vs. Andre Muniz (middleweight)
- Lando Vannata vs. Mike Grundy (featherweight)
- Andrea Lee vs. Antonina Shevchenko (women’s flyweight)
- Jordan Wright vs. Jamie Pickett (middleweight)
- Gina Mazany vs. Priscila Cachoeira (women’s flyweight)
- Kevin Aguilar vs. Tucker Lutz (featherweight)
- Christos Giacos vs. Sean Soriano (flyweight)